13.1.09

SteelSeries WOW MMO Gaming Mouse Issue

"Anonymous" to TheProfosist


"Anonymous":

How are you again? Good I hope.

You and I played email tag about a month ago and I asked you numerous questions about the WoW mouse because you happened to be one of the few people with one at the time.

Well GameStop called me yesterday and told me that my pre-ordered mouse had finally arrived. I was excited so I went to pick it up within that very hour. I'm starting to get used to the feeling of the mouse as far as size is concerned, and it feels pretty well constructed too. But I'm having a very big problem and I was wondering if you had experienced similar issues.

Some of the buttons do not function on the WoW mouse while holding down the "Right Click" or "Left Click" buttons. (Mouse Buttons 4 and 5 to be exact), these are Win Buttons 4 and 5 by default. I consider this a very serious issue being that I use the "Right Click" all the time to strafe and simultaneously execute abilities. It's kind of silly for that kind of improper functionality in my opinion and I hope that it wasn't intentional design. I have tried everything in the custom macro feature with no luck as we speak. I even have the latest software from SteelSeries website. It's a real bummer because I really wanted to like this mouse. Other than that the mouse works fine as far as I can tell from a hardware standpoint; as a matter of fact if this issue were to be addressed I would consider this mouse flawless; but that's only if the issue is addressed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.


TheProfosist:

my best bet about that would be to contact SteelSeries Support
http://www.steelseries.com/int/about/contact_us/support/contact_support

No comments: